\\\-- Balance of Power (v1.2c released)--///

Balance of Power Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Since v1.1b had a few bugs, I've updated it again. The new update is available for download as version 1.1c :)

It fixes some errors in edifice.bst and aibldreq.bin (many thanks to thunderchero for reporting some of these), as well as double ship entries in the documentation.

The only "real" change (apart from fixes) is the customization of initial buildings in colonies. Farms have been left as before (they're obviously needed ;)), but the usual factory has been changed (except for Klingons): Cardassians now get a Shadow Team, the Federation a University, the Ferengi a Power Exchange, and the Romulans an Intel Center.

========

About the Cross-Upgrading Issue

There are occasions on which cross-upgrading a "foreign" base structure to a more advanced structure of one's own is not possible, even when fulfilling the respective tech requirements.

Example: upgrading Klingon foundries to Cardassian assembly yards

I've now found the reason (or at least I think so ;)).
Say someone is playing as Cardassians and has conquered a Klingon system with Class 3 Foundries. BotF now reads the respective tech requirement (Construction 4) and looks for a superior Cardassian assembly yard. However, it does not look at the tech requirements, but it just counts buildings, starting with the Type 1 Assembly Yard.
Since the current building type requires Construction 4, it can only be upgraded to Type 5 Assembly Yards (if they're numbered the usual way), regardless of the tech requirements.
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

With Gowron's latest release here is links to Multi installer versions

english

NEWMulti BOP 1.1c English
File size 34.5mb
hard drive space required 312mb

German

NEWMulti BOP 1.1c German
File size 35.3mb
hard drive space required 314mb

Note if older version is installed it must be uninstalled before installing.

thunderchero
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Wow superb. I just tried to install 1.1c german manually and experienced some problems afterwards, so these multi installers come as if I had called for them. Thanks. I'm gonna start a single player match right away.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

captaindusk wrote:Wow superb. I just tried to install 1.1c german manually and experienced some problems afterwards, so these multi installers come as if I had called for them. Thanks. I'm gonna start a single player match right away.
The reason you experianced problems is the trek.exe from patch is not compatible with multi installer. The update exe uses vanilla install path and multi exe uses new path. full install of multi is required.

thunderchero
ketteringdave
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by ketteringdave »

I love the change to the colonies. However, I just started a brand new Romulan game, and my new colony cannot build a fabricator! There were two separate entries for intel centers instead, with identical costs and descriptions.

I used thunderchero's installer, if that makes any difference. There was no issue with my starting systems, nor with the Antedeans who've already joined up (though they had assembly yards, I think - definitely not fabricators).

EDIT: A quick check shows that the other races are affected by this - Ferengi had double power exchanges, Cards had double shadow teams, and the Feds had double universities. No industry buildings were available on any colonized system.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I also just checked with manual install to 1.0.2 and same results so I am sure Gowron will correct problem as soon as possible. but if you can continue testing for any other problems.

I have also broken links in download section for no further downloads of multi BOP 1.1c is possible. links will be updated as soon as possible.

thunderchero
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

thunderchero wrote:
captaindusk wrote:Wow superb. I just tried to install 1.1c german manually and experienced some problems afterwards, so these multi installers come as if I had called for them. Thanks. I'm gonna start a single player match right away.
The reason you experianced problems is the trek.exe from patch is not compatible with multi installer. The update exe uses vanilla install path and multi exe uses new path. full install of multi is required.

thunderchero
I used updated exe but experienced problems anyway. The game started fine but after clicking on "science cruiser III" of the feds on objects screen and then choosing another ship (no matter how slow or fast the click was) the game kept crashing repeatedly with a version error message. Maybe I used wrong updated exe since I used exactly the one you've posted into this thread for version 1.1b.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

captaindusk wrote:I used updated exe but experienced problems anyway. The game started fine but after clicking on "science cruiser III" of the feds on objects screen and then choosing another ship (no matter how slow or fast the click was) the game kept crashing repeatedly with a version error message. Maybe I used wrong updated exe since I used exactly the one you've posted into this thread for version 1.1b.
this is a hades issue, not a problem with mod. manual install of files will not work with multi installer with "full install files".

thunderchero
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Yeah nevermind it all works now thanks to the multi installer I downloaded last night.
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

ketteringdave wrote:I love the change to the colonies. However, I just started a brand new Romulan game, and my new colony cannot build a fabricator! There were two separate entries for intel centers instead, with identical costs and descriptions.
Now what would a day of BotF modding be without any new bugs :roll:

I have to confirm this bug, and it turned out to be unfixable ATM. So I'll revert this change. I've withdrawn v1.1c from my 4shared account and will re-launch it ASAP.

Also, I deleted the topic about the IDs for initial buildings in colonies, and instead posted that info in DCER's "Main Buildings and AI" thread, since ATM it does not have any use outside of that topic.
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned yet: This bug seems to appear with every major race.

Pity. :(
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Version v1.1c has now been fixed and re-uploaded :)

New colonies will start with 2-3 farms and a factory, as before.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Cool is there an updated multi installer yet or does this take a while?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Take 2... :wink:

With Gowron's latest release here is links to Multi installer versions

english

NEWMulti BOP 1.1c English
File size 34.5mb
hard drive space required 312mb

German

NEWMulti BOP 1.1c German
File size 35.3mb
hard drive space required 314mb

Note if older version is installed it must be uninstalled before installing.

thunderchero
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Man,

don't get me wrong but I love you. :D

In case the smily isn't enough I'm just kidding ^^.

Return to “Balance of Power Mod”